Opinions expressed in this piece do not necessarily reflect those of The Flume
Last week’s Plain Speaking on guns column examined several mistruths that the National Rifle Association and its followers would love for us all to believe, as well as several common sense arguments that illustrate the drastic need for gun reform laws in the United States.
The NRA would have us believe that since we can never actually get all the military-grade weapons off the streets, it is useless to try. In other words, instituting reasonable gun reform laws is simply beyond our capability.
This gem came from the Republican Perspective (RP), in the April 4 edition of The Flume: “China virus accurately defines the current pandemic virus. To suggest that the term is to blame for anti-Asian sentiment is akin to saying WWII was caused by anti-German sentiments over the German measles.”
This Week's Mountain Guide
- Baby born just over Hoosier Pass in South Park ambulance
- New Bailey PUD sketch plan approved
- Bailey welcomes Sasquatch
- Park County Sheriff’s Blotter
- Summer events return with slight COVID hangover
- Feds investigate Maggie Long murder as hate crime
- Long distance bicyclists return to South Park
- Western hospitality abounds at M Lazy C Ranch
- The return of Bailey Day set for June 19
- Platte Canyon School District holds Budget Hearing
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.