The Park County Historical Society will tour the Como and Buckskin Joe Cemeteries on Saturday, Oct. 28. Our itinerary:
- Meet at McGraw Memorial Park in Bailey at 9:30 a.m.
- Carpool to Como Community Center at approximately 10:30, then drive to the Como Cemetery. We will view the graves of many well-known Denver, South Park and Pacific RR legends and other former Como residents and hear their stories.
- Drive to the Park County Court House in Fairplay to have lunch, or eat at the Fairplay dining establishments.
- Go to the Buckskin Joe/Alma Cemetery. The cemetery has many of Park County’s original settlers.
- Then we can tour the Fairplay Cemetery for those interested.
- If the weather is inclement, we may not be able to have the tour. Call 303-838-7740 for details. www.parkcountyhistory.com